Saturday, June 6, 2009

The New 'It' Man

Well I've done it!

Finally, after months and months of searching and researching and trying to figure out where and what was a good fit, I've found a new voice teacher. And he is absolutely amazing. I feel incredibly fortunate to have found him in the first place (a lot of luck involved...or fate lending a hand...take your pick...).

My mom is a Nurse Practitioner, and so while seeing a patient somehow or other my name came up, and she got the name of a Mr. Thomas Blaylock, who is the head of the Northwest Institute of Voice, along with a hearty recommendation. So she came home to me with the name, and I promptly typed in the name online to try and find contact information.

Initially that wasn't such an easy fete, because I couldn't find a Thomas Blaylock online or in the phone book, and nothing came up for a Northwest Institute of Voice either.

So I got creative.

I started looking at other hits, and sure enough the man's name came up a lot in the profiles of other artists (which I took as a good sign), and the Northwest Institute of Voice popped up on the profiles of other instructors (again, another good sign). So finally I emailed another instructor affiliated with the institute, asked if she might perchance know how best to get in touch with Mr. Blaylock, and she got me his email address and phone numbers and wished me luck.

So I called.

Got a lesson/evaluation.

And then he agreed to take me on.

I'm thrilled. I've had about five lessons with him at this point, and couldn't be happier. He and I work extremely well together, and I'm definitely looking forward to posting more regularly now that I'll have more updates for all of you! I'm going to attempt to post at least once or twice a week following my lessons to share what I learn and any progress I'm making.

Enough for now though...gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment